Thursday, October 31, 2013

My Dream Job in a Glass of Fresh Milk

I was invited at one of the school tours of Jolly Cow at Angelicum College, Quezon City.  This was my first time to be invited as a blogger, so I was so excited!  Luckily, The Peach Kitchen was there to help me.. (Thanks, Peach!).  Jolly Cow launched their Fresh Milk campaign to help kids get into drinking fresh milk everyday to help them achieve their dreams, promote proper nutrition that will help kids to become successful and to teach the kids the value of recycling.
They had Wanlu and his puppets to entertain them and a puppet workshop for the students of Angelicum College.
Wanlu and Niccolo
Wanlu had lots of activities for the kids and the teachers, the kids from their class really had fun.
Then, the puppet workshop, the kids brought socks, rubber bands and coloring materials for the activity.
busy kids..
the kids enjoying their sock puppets
Jolly Cow Mascot
While everyone was enjoying the activities, I brought my little girl Khloe at the Jolly Cow sampling booth, I asked her to try it and she loved it!  Maybe because of its creamy taste.  Yum!
Jolly Cow sampling booth
The kids were awarded with a personalized tumbler, it was really cute!!!  It had their face on them and the profession they wanted when they grow up, and a bag of goodies, awesome!
And we received items from Jolly Cow, thanks Ms Abby Castelo for the invite!!  I really appreciate it, my daughter had so much fun!
Jolly Cow Frsh Milk, Non-Fat Milk and Condensada
Since I became conscious about our food intake, the kids growing up so fast and with a busy schedule at school, I'm still in search of a dependable food/drink for them.  I wouldn't want their health to be at risk while they're doing their activities.  I want something good for their health while they enjoy eating or drinking them.  Jolly Cow got my attention, it has a yummy, creamy taste compared to other Fresh Milk that my kids love.
As for me, being a hands-on mom, and while doing my workouts at home, I can't get sick!  I'm not allowed, so a good source of  Calcium is needed in my diet.  Good thing, Jolly Cow has Fresh Milk that comes in non-fat too! Yey! Their milk is sourced from Germany.  It contains 3.5% of fat content which is higher than other brands which make Jolly Cow Fresh Milk tastes better.  It is the fat milk that makes Fresh Milk taste good.

Calcium Deficiency - is caused by lack or not enough calcium intakes based on the required dietary allowance for calcium.  Calcium requirement differs for gender and age.

Effects of Calcium Deficiency for kids:
  • Height is smaller than other kids of same age.
  • Thin body that other kids of same age.
  • Tooth Decay.
  • Frequent absences at school due to various health problems.
  • Unable to excel in various extra-curricular activities (matamlay, mahina ang pangangatawan at nagiging lampa)
Importance of Drinking Fresh Milk:
  • Milk helps kids cope during growth spurts.
  • Milk helps provide complete nutrition during puberty.
  • Milk contains protein, which helps to rebuild muscles.
  • Milk helps kids to get smarter.
  • Milk helps kids to get stronger.
  • Milk is great source of Calcium which is needed for better bone and teeth development.
Why Fresh Milk?
  • 100% Natural.  It only undergoes a process that lengthens its shelf life.  No chemical or fortification is made.
  • Contains all nutrients of milk like calcium, protein, carbohydrate, and etc.  that are good for the body.
  • Convenient.  Easy to prepare.
  • Consistent in quality.  Unlike with powdered milk, it always depends on how you mix it with water.  The amount of milk powder and water affects the consistency of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment