Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Kid's First Dental Visit

I never really thought about bringing my kids to the dentist, just to get their teeth checked. I've always thought that they should have a damaged tooth or an aching one at least before going to the dentist. Since, I thought their teeth are clean enough, I didn't plan on going to one. Yea, I know, so wrong!! hahaha!



I actually asked my friend dentist, Dr. Mariusse Esquillo to get mine and hubby's teeth cleaned (oral prophylaxis) at Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic - De Los Santos Medical Center. He also asked about my kids, about their dentist, if they've visited one already, then I said not yet.. So, that's when he told me that by age 1, they should start visiting the dentist, to help them take good care of their teeth. Better na din so they won't experience having tooth aches!! Ouch!
He referred us to another dentist for the kids, he's not good with kids daw, not enough patience for them, it's okay, atleast he told us why, kesa naman pilitin ko sya.. hehehe! But I decided to get an appointment just for me and hubby... Masyado atang chaotic pag lahat kami!

When we arrived at the clinic, I asked him if he could check my kids' teeth too, to prep them and let them know it's not scary.. and he happily said yes! :) No pictures of us, just the kids! Hehehe!


Andi was thrilled to sit on the chair!

look at those feet!


syempre si kuya din happy!
I was really nervous about this whole thing though, 'cause I didn't want them to cry, get scared or whatever! I want them to get to know a dentist, so they won't be scared with them (like I am!). But for some reason, they were actually excited... Oh wow! I can't believe it! Walang iyakan, pilitan.. I was relieved! Thank you so much Doc Em! =)
Dati lang makukulit tyo sa classrooms.. Now, I'm visiting you in your clinic with my family! :)

Some tips from Colgate:
What To Expect at the Office
The age 1 care visit is similar to a well-baby check at the physician's office.
At the visit, you should expect the dentist or hygienist to:
  • Review your child's history
  • Respond to your questions and concerns
  • Talk with you about your child's overall oral health, including:
    • Development
    • Teething
    • Bite (how your child's teeth will come together)
    • Soft tissues such as gums and cheeks
    • Oral habits such as sucking
    • Factors that affect the risk of cavities, such as diet, hygiene practices, fluoride use and whether others in the family have had cavities
    • How to prevent trauma to your child's mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment