Saturday, September 7, 2013

Chicken with Spinach and Cream Cheese Stuffing



I've been exploring veggies which are new to me to add on our menu.  Luckily, I saw spinach at the grocery and went for it.  I saw this recipe on Yummy.ph, since I love cream cheese, I gave the recipe a try.

You will need;
1/2 cup spinach leaves, chopped
1/2 cup cream cheese

For the breading;
flour
garlic salt
2 eggs, beaten
breadcrumbs
Italian seasoning

Pound chicken breast fillets in between sheets of cling wrap or any clean plastic bag until they flatten.
To make breading, mix 2 teaspoons of garlic salt for every 1 cup of flour in a shallow dish.  Season breadcrumbs with some Italian seasoning in another dish.  Set aside.
For the filling, saute spinach in olive oil until wilted, cool, mix with softened cream cheese put 2-3 tablespoons of mixture on each roll.
Dip filled chicken breasts in flour then egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
Deep fry until cooked through and drain on paper towels.


 Note:  Use low heat so you won't burn the breading and cook the chicken through.

No comments:

Post a Comment