Thursday, September 26, 2013

Supported Headstand (Salamba Sirsasana)

I got curious about the headstand, it looked awesome!  So, I searched a tutorial on YouTube since I can't/won't go to any yoga classes.   It looked really easy watching the instructors, but once you do it on your own, man, it was so hard!  There were lots of times that I fell hard, I’m okay though.  Anyway, after lots of practice, I was able to do it away from the wall! :))  There's also a good reason why I'm doing this, some of them are; to improve blood circulation and to strengthen deep core muscles and it’s awesome! =))
 (Instagram Photos)
If you're planning to do this on your own, please, be very careful.  I suggest you do it against the wall first and take the necessary precautions. Do not rush! 

Here's a tutorial from Ekhart Yoga.

2 comments: