Tuesday, March 22, 2011

SSS I.D

I applied for my SSS I.D last February to claim my Maternity Benefits.   The SSS is now issuing its enhanced Social Security Identification Card, which makes use of biometrics technology.
An active SSS member with at least one monthly contribution and SSS pensioners may apply for the new SS ID by filling out and submitting an SSS Form E-6 to the nearest SSS branch that has facilities for SS ID capture.         SSS Form E-6 must be submitted together with any of the following primary documents:
  • Passport
  • Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) card
  • Seaman's book
        In the absence of any of these documents, the applicant may present any two of the following documents, provided at least one document contains the applicant's photograph:
  • Driver's license
  • Valid National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance
  • School or company ID
  • Postal ID
  • Senior citizen card
  • Major credit card
  • Voter's ID
  • Savings account passbook
  • Alien certificate of registration
  • Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) member's record
  • Certification from the Office of Southern/Northern Cultural Communities or Office of Muslim Affairs
  • Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) card
Be sure to bring your primary documents or else you'll have to go back again!  I went to the nearest SSS Branch which is located at EDSA, Caloocan.  The branch was really crowded but they have lines for different concerns, you just might get a little lost because the line goes anywhere, so be sure to ask someone from the SSS which line you're suppose to go.  It didn't took me that long to be approved, the process was fast as long as your documents are complete.  But they don't have a camera there!!!  They asked me to go to the main SSS Branch at Diliman, Quezon City.  I went the next day to finish my I.D, but to my dismay, I was scheduled for the the finger print and image capture on March 16!  Because they said that it's the only branch that has a working camera.  So sad..  One Camera for all of us!

By the time I got there for my schedule (I was scheduled 5:00-7:00 PM), it wasn't crowded anymore, and it was easy and fast, you'll just have to fall in line.  I hope to receive my I.D after 30 days.

2 comments: